Saturday, September 8, 2007

When there is no communication...

It's rough out over the edge, where every single decision is life critical. Juan is an old hand at action and I've done my best to train Josh, but no father is ever satisified that he's done enough. I believe Jason is up to this from phone conversations I've had with him and I expect that no ship captain who would undertake a dangerous voyage of this magnitude has anything but steel in his eyes. The other players are wild cards that you draw by chance and make the most of what you get.

I'm betting heavily on this crew, but they are in dire and extremely unpredictable circumstances. They are beyond assistance, truly on their own in the midst of hundreds of desperate Miskito Indians who are not highly distinguished for their aversion to violence. This is La Tierra Sin Ley; The Land Without Law. Food and water belong to the strong.

I wish I was with them. Sitting and waiting is worse than action. I had to sit and wait for Jesse, my eldest son of five, to come back from Iraq. I could only go there in my dreams.

Chuck Bean has a blog that seems good. I agree that the Moravians, from Bethleham , PA, have a long and strong record of solid help for the Miskito people in Nicaragua and Honduras.
http://helpnicaragua.blogspot.com/2007/09/sub-ocean-safetys-blog-about-aid-to.html.
They are good at long term recoveries. SOS only helps when the bombs flash, then, when it quiets down, we go elsewhere .

Salutations to Caleb, son two, who won his LSU Masters degree today!

IZ is going to pace the floor.

No comments: